Variable Auto Transformer (Dimmer)
COSMOSTAT variac is continuously variable autotransformer, having a single layer winding on a toridol core of high-grade cold rolledgrain oriented (CRGO) steel. On one face of the copper winding along the periphery, a special durable contact surface is made. A Specially finished carbon brush slide smoothly on the surface. A contact arm holding the carbon brush fitted on the centre shaft and as the control knob is rotated the carbon brush slides over the winding and taps of a portion of voltage across the winding. Any desire voltage with in the Maximum range can be obtained by adjusting the position of the Brush. The calibrated dial show approximately output voltage at no load, when the input is at its rated value. Rotation of the arm by manual or motor drive delivers an output voltage from0 to above line voltage.
- Simple rugged construction
- 99.9% pure copper
- High efficiency
- Low temperature rise
- Short time overload capacity
- Simple installation & connection
- Smooth & stepless voltage control
- Coils made from high grade CRGO steel
- Negligible wave form & power factor distortation
- Long life with negligible maintenance
- Spare carbon brushes provided up to 28 Amp.
- Wide range of current rating 4 Amp. To 1200 Amp.
- High quality carbon brush used for current flow
- Servo Voltage Stabilizer
- Welding Equipment
- Testing Laboratory
- Collage & University
- Battery Charger
- Rectifires etc......